An automated reply from System Administrator: Undeliverable

Started by atoyf, November 27, 2004, 11:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atoyf

Hi,

So, something weird is happening and i don't know if it's me or my ISP or something else. Please, give me a clue.

Foreword - don't know if it metters, but i'm on the dynamic IP, residential comcast cutomer.

My mail works, if i send emails from "outside" to my mail server(if my email is mailto:anton@atoyf.com" target="_blank">anton@atoyf.com and i send a message from mailto:anton@gmail.com" target="_blank">anton@gmail.com to mailto:anton@atoyf.com" target="_blank">anton@atoyf.com - it works) - this is done via gmail - web-based and mail received via pop3 account using MS Outlook.

If i go to let's say sqwebmail and send a message from there: mailto:anton@atoyf.com" target="_blank">anton@atoyf.com to mailto:anton@gmail.com" target="_blank">anton@gmail.com - it works.

Now, if i try to send an email from my outlook usiang the same pop3 account to somewhere, let's say from mailto:anton@atoyf.com" target="_blank">anton@atoyf.com to mailto:anton@gmail.com" target="_blank">anton@gmail.com, i immediately receive an email from System Administrator with the subject: Undeliverable: test.

The Internet Headers in the properties of the message are empty too.

Please, give me a clue to that mystery.
Thank you much
Kind regards, Anton

atoyf

Littel update:

in the email from that sysstem administrator it says:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
recipients.

Subject:   test
     Sent:   11/27/2004 3:02 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

mailto:'anton@gmail.com" target="_blank">'anton@gmail.com' on 11/27/2004 3:02 PM
          553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts

any ideas?
Kind regards, Anton

atoyf

Fixed - it was my tcp.smtp file - i had to allow IP block for clients to be able to relay.

now back to other toaster-related problems of mine...
Kind regards, Anton