authdaemond: vmysql error.

Started by Satori, May 10, 2005, 08:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satori

Whenever I try and login via SquirrelMail, I get the following error: Unknown user or bad password. This is what appears in /var/log/maillog:

May 10 19:47:32 shizzlesticks authdaemond: vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone awayMay 10 19:47:32 shizzlesticks imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=god@shizzlesticks.info, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]May 10 19:47:37 shizzlesticks imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

I've set up the domain. The user exists. The password is correct. Why on Earth does it do this? Furthermore, what is vmysql? I've done about as much research as I care to do, now I'm frustrated and need help.

ikester

Hi

I am an idiot BUT it appears to me as if MySQL is not running. vmysql is a vpopmail authentication 'module' for Toaster to MySQL integration. Look at my next post and it may explain your MySQL error . . .

Ikester
"Father forgive them, they know not what they do . . ."

Satori

Thanks for the reply, but unfortantely, MySQL is up and running. Perhaps someone could just give me instructions on how to go about using vpopmail without MySQL?

matt

The problem is not that you are using MySQL, but that you have chosen "mysql" as an authentication method for courier-authlib.  When prompted, do exactly as the docs say and ONLY select vpopmail.

Matt

Satori

>.>;

Kudos, Matt. I started this whole project weeks ago, then gave up when I couldn't get it to work. Now I've come back to it, and fixed a lot of what was screwing it up. I didn't even think that could have been a problem. Oh well, here's to my short-sightedness.

ikester

Hi

Matt I also have to thank you. I clearly declared I am an IDIOT. I am working on a DragonflyBSD installation and I now have ended up with this same problem! Ooops.

Ikester
"Father forgive them, they know not what they do . . ."