The Network People Support Forums

Mail::Toaster => Installation Issues => Topic started by: Satori on May 10, 2005, 08:57:31 PM

Title: authdaemond: vmysql error.
Post by: Satori on May 10, 2005, 08:57:31 PM
Whenever I try and login via SquirrelMail, I get the following error: Unknown user or bad password. This is what appears in /var/log/maillog:

May 10 19:47:32 shizzlesticks authdaemond: vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone awayMay 10 19:47:32 shizzlesticks imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=god@shizzlesticks.info, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]May 10 19:47:37 shizzlesticks imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

I've set up the domain. The user exists. The password is correct. Why on Earth does it do this? Furthermore, what is vmysql? I've done about as much research as I care to do, now I'm frustrated and need help.
Title: Re: authdaemond: vmysql error.
Post by: ikester on May 12, 2005, 01:06:02 AM
Hi

I am an idiot BUT it appears to me as if MySQL is not running. vmysql is a vpopmail authentication 'module' for Toaster to MySQL integration. Look at my next post and it may explain your MySQL error . . .

Ikester
Post by: Satori on May 12, 2005, 03:17:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, but unfortantely, MySQL is up and running. Perhaps someone could just give me instructions on how to go about using vpopmail without MySQL?
Post by: matt on May 12, 2005, 09:06:31 PM
The problem is not that you are using MySQL, but that you have chosen "mysql" as an authentication method for courier-authlib.  When prompted, do exactly as the docs say and ONLY select vpopmail.

Matt
Post by: Satori on May 12, 2005, 10:14:32 PM
>.>;

Kudos, Matt. I started this whole project weeks ago, then gave up when I couldn't get it to work. Now I've come back to it, and fixed a lot of what was screwing it up. I didn't even think that could have been a problem. Oh well, here's to my short-sightedness.
Post by: ikester on May 13, 2005, 11:09:20 AM
Hi

Matt I also have to thank you. I clearly declared I am an IDIOT. I am working on a DragonflyBSD installation and I now have ended up with this same problem! Ooops.

Ikester