error occurs when adding a new zone (incorrectly)

Started by neonova, June 13, 2009, 01:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neonova

I'm running a newly installed NICTool 2.07 on a Centos 5.3 box. Most modules installed via CPAN, etc. Everything is working well, and I really like the software. However, I did run into something strange.

When adding a new zone, if you

a) add a trailing dot in the domain field (eg: example.com.)
and
b) select a template

The right frame will load with code that appears to display an error message from the built in sanity checks (was supposed to be a popup?)

ZONE RECORD FAILED: absolute host names are NOT allowed. Remove the dot and the host will automatically live within the current zone., 300
$VAR1 = {
          'error_msg' => 'absolute host names are NOT allowed. Remove the dot and the host will automatically live within the current zone.',
          'sanity_err' => {
                          'name' => '1'
                        },
          'error_desc' => 'Sanity error',
          'sanity_msg' => [
                          'absolute host names are NOT allowed. Remove the dot and the host will automatically live within the current zone.'
                        ],
          'error_code' => '300'
        };

This is thrown for every record the template appears to attempt to create.

The "error page" ends with:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>200 OK</title>
</head><body>
<h1>OK</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="zone.cgi?nt_group_id=1&amp;nt_zone_id=13">here</a>.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at nictool.<redacted> Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Then the zone gets added anyhow, but without the 2nd level (@) record. CNAMEs are pointed at the zone name with two trailing .s

I did a cursory search of the forum before posting. Of course, this means I missed the FAQ entry that tells me what I missed, but that's always how it goes!

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? I wouldn't expect my endusers to run into this, but invariably someone will!