Broken, Unhappy Server

Started by hoodoo_systems, March 15, 2009, 10:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo_systems

Hey folks, I've been using various versions of the toaster for years and have always been happy with it. I recently acquired a new job and am setting up a toaster for some of our employees and customers as a proof of concept. After I'd proved that dns/web and mail were all stable, I took out my test domain (which I own) and left only the domains that my employing company owns. Now imap works, dns, www works, but sending mail is broken. The send/current log is always empty now, although it seems to process a bit during a reboot; the evidence of which is some local and external test mail being processed and delivered. It does seem to stop quickly after a reboot. . I know mail is sensitive to DNS, and that seems to me to be the only change. I control my own dns from the toaster, so changes can easily be applied. It seems to me that DNS is fine, but apparently I'm missing something. Advice on how to further verify things are configured correctly?
As an aside, this is on a rootbsd.net virtual server ( which, again, was fine for 3+ weeks as I tested multiple domains' mail. It all broke once I pulled my main test domain out of the mix ); not sure if that will prompt any other ideas. FreeBSD 7.0 / Toaster 5.11; pretty much stock install. Thanks in advance!

*** EDIT BEGIN ***
Some Concerning output:
mail# qqtool.pl -a list
           Qmail Queue Tool   v 1.11

remote has 0 messages
local has 0 messages

mail# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 13217
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 6833
mail# date
Sun Mar 15 11:48:30 PDT 2009

*** EDIT END ***

hoodoo_systems

I manually flushed large chunks of the queue via successive:
qqtool.pl -adelete
followed by restarting qmail-send and the send log
and now it is sending mail out again
However, it appears I have two phantom mails in the queue that cannot be removed.
At any rate, I'm moving mail and happy.