Email not received - urgent help needed

Started by solarflare, May 06, 2008, 12:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarflare

I recently installed the toaster.  But not all the email is being received.  I cannot pick these rejects from the logs.  However, the maillog is giving me this strange error on some incoming messages:
May  6 11:40:49 mail spamd[6463]: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 2103, <GEN21016> line 2.
May  6 11:40:49 mail spamd[6463]: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 2108, <GEN21016> line 2.
May  6 11:40:49 mail spamd[6463]: Use of uninitialized value in scalar chomp at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 2115, <GEN21016> line 2.

lines 2103,2108 in spamd refer to the username.
lines 2115 refer to the calculation of the user directory, presumably a follow on error from the first two.

I am using simscan with spamd settings on a site basis - I do not have spamd on mysql.

your help needed thanks

AHeck

Late to the game but, if others run into this, check your /etc/rc.conf for spamd_flags.  I had upgraded from a very old toaster to the latest revision and the identical flags on spamd caused these errors.

I changed mine from:
spamd_flags="-d -v -u vpopmail -x -r -q /var/run/spamd.pid"

To:
spamd_flags="-u vpopmail -q -d -v -x -r /var/run/spamd.pid"

And the error messages went away.  After actually looking at it, it's quite clear that my old flags were wrong [-q is for the SQL config...not the PID file]. 

I have the dumb...but the important thing is I fixed it.