Error in freebsd 6.2

Started by bloodhound, October 04, 2007, 08:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodhound

I get the following error when i try to install qmail on freebsd 6.2 ... anyone got a clue ?

toaster_setup.pl -s qmail

service_dir_create: /var/service exists.............................ok
supervise_dirs_create: /var/qmail/supervise.........................ok (exists)
supervise_dirs_create: /var/qmail/supervise/smtp....................ok (exists)
supervise_dirs_create: /var/qmail/supervise/send....................ok (exists)
supervise_dirs_create: /var/qmail/supervise/pop3....................ok (exists)
supervise_dirs_create: /var/qmail/supervise/submit..................ok (exists)
build_smtpd_run: /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb selected but not readable!
at /usr/local/sbin/toaster_setup.pl line 83
FATAL error!
at /usr/local/sbin/toaster_setup.pl line 83

johannes73

I get the exact same error, on FreeBSD 6.2  :'(. This is my first time with the toaster. Is there anyone more experienced that could help me in the right direction? Help much appreciated.

johannes73

Quote from: johannes73 on October 09, 2007, 06:52:23 PM
I get the exact same error, on FreeBSD 6.2  :'(. This is my first time with the toaster. Is there anyone more experienced that could help me in the right direction? Help much appreciated.

I am still stuck at this error, when I install the MT myself.

I am willing to sponsor Matt with a suitable sum if this error is fixed in the Mail Toaster installation procedure, so it installs cleanly. I prefer it to be fixed in the MT in general, not in our installation in particular. This way it would help all MT users on FBSD 6.2... :-)

Matt, what do you say? Email me if interested.

johannes73

Quote from: johannes73 on October 09, 2007, 06:52:23 PM

My apologies. It solved itself, after I applied more of the FreeBSD patches in the "config" phase.

It seems the problem was because I reinstalled the MT and tried to use a toaster-watcher.conf that apparently was too tweaked. Now it works.

D3s7

that's usually caused by a config mismatch.. in one config place you tell it to use the sql database for the rules and in another it's using the file