Canonical list of things to NOT portupgrade?

Started by tomierna, July 03, 2007, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomierna

Hi,

I've upgraded the OS on a production mail server from 5.4 to 6.2, which went smoothly enough.

All Toaster services are back running after that part of the upgrade, so I'm probably going to do the rest of the Toaster upgrade tomorrow.

I'm following the wiki instructions on upgrading, and I'm currently at the end of the OS step listed here: http://www.tnpi.net/wiki/Upgrade_Operating_System

I want to do a portupgrade -ai. I've got the contrib/pkgtools.conf installed in /usr/local/etc/, but I noticed in the text of the instruction that I should be extremely wary of using portupgrade for "ports that are manually installed by the toaster".

When looking inside pkgtools.conf, I see no occurrence of vpopmail or daemontools or courier-authlib or a bunch of other ports I have installed on the system, and which I suspect are part of the Toaster-installed ports.

What I'm hoping for is a canonical list of ports which I should not upgrade with portupgrade - a list I haven't found on this forum, in the wiki, or via Google.

If there is such a list, has it been incorporated into a new(er) pkgtools.conf by anyone?

If there is no such list, where should I begin to look?

phpCypher

to be safe, I would say none of them.

I would upgrade the toaster using toaster_setup.