New Toaster install on 6.2

Started by Greg Talbot, June 13, 2007, 03:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Talbot

After running toaster_setup.pl -s dovecot

I get this error:

Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 923: Unknown section type

Line 923 is userdb passwd {

Are the proper changes to the dovecot.conf documented here somewhere?

Greg Talbot

Can anyone advise on how far back in the Toaster install process I'd need to go to use Courier instead?

(After making the necessary changes in toaster-watcher.conf)

antoniop

Greg,

I've recommend against using courier.  The error you have got isn't difficult to fix.  Take another look at the dovecot.conf file and you'll see the sections and what needs to be set-up.

Or alternatively cd /usr/ports/mail/dovecot && make extract && make patch

Then check out the dovecot.conf file in the files/dovecot... directory.

I'll post a working file once I plug my development server back in (just moved house)!  I tested the toaster on 6.2 and got the same error as you for dovecot.conf

Thanks,

Greg Talbot

Thanks for your comments.  I look forward to seeing your conf file.

gamemodder

I have similar error on line 924.  I notice in the installation log that patching of file dovecot.conf using plain A... "5 out of 24 hunks failed".  I see dovecot.conf.rej(attached) file but do not know how to incorporate it in to dovecot.conf.  Can any one give me some pointers?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg Talbot

I also had hunk errors.  I reinstalled dovecot from the port manually and used the attached conf file.

PyterCoyote

Hi Greg,

Just wondering if that resolved your problem because I have the same error as Gamemodder....

All I have to do is install dovecot manually and use your attached files as a dovecot.conf rigth?...  ???

I'm a newbie as you can see ehehe!!

Thanks!!

pbrezny

The way I got around this problem on a freebsd 6.3 install was to open both /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf and /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf.rej in two separate windows, search for the corresponding bits of the patch listed in the .rej file and manually fix them up in the .conf file.

Hope this helps.
Peter Brezny

purplecat.net