Domain name changed in database

Started by jbaker, May 30, 2007, 04:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbaker

I've been using a toaster version 2.2 on freebsd 4.7 since that was new but lately I've had problems with a spammer overloading that machine so I started fresh with a ProLiant DL145 (x64) 1.5 gig ram,2 160 gig sata hard drives (gmirrored). I did a fresh install of FreeBSD 6.2 cvsup'ed sources and ports built everything added my domain and all users and tried to bring it up as a secondary server to test it. It worked as a primary should not using smtproutes mail but delivering to its own hard drive. Before I resolved this a drive failed on the 4.7 machine and I tried to press the new one into service. (FIRST MISTAKE) It soon began refusing mail for valid users. I tried changing settings (SECOND MISTAKE) and soon I couldn't login under any user in imap,pop, or qmailadmin. I've since found out that if I use vadduser a new user I can login and send mail. When I look at the database it is setting the domain name as vpopmail on the new users. Changing the pw_domain from ****.com to vpopmail allows users to login again as user@****.com. However qmailadmin shows user@vpopmail is logged in at the top of the page.
Sorry if this is a long post but I figure I screwed up a setting and this should be easy but what  it could be has got me stumped.    Thanks ARB

antoniop

I've also noticed slight differences in the qmail vdomains management tools.
Whenever possible I prefer to use vpop's binary tools on the commanline.

With the following packages (below), changes to the quotas with vqadmin do not stick?

p5-vpopmail-0.08    Perl module to provide access to vpopmail API
qmailadmin-1.2.10,1 CGI program for administering Qmail with vchkpw/vpopmail
vpopmail-5.4.17     Easy virtual domain and authentication package for use with
vqadmin-2.3.6_1     A cgi-based Virtual Qmail Domains Administrator

Changes via the vpop commandline and qmailadmin do.

I suspect the vqadmin.cgi is modifiying the .qmail files differently.
I recommend you check each package's build options carefully.

As you are using a database, recheck your vpopmail build options, the toaster default domain and support for vdomains options also.