Spam does not exist for /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me & toaster-spam-learn-me

Started by antoniop, May 23, 2007, 04:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniop

Hi,

I have a little annonying problem where I have to manually create a .Spam mailboxe for each new user created.

Eg:  I recently added a new domain & now when toaster-watched.pl runs (in debug mode) I get errors below

learn_mailboxes: processing in /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/test.co.nz/postmaster
learn_ham: training SpamAsassin from ham (read) messages
learn_ham: learning read messages older than 3 days.
is_writable: checking /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me.....................ok
file_write: opened /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me for appending..........ok
file_write: wrote 0 lines to /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me..............ok
learn_spam: skipped spam learning because /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/test.co.nz/postmaster/Maildir/.Spam does not exist.
learn_mailboxes: processing in /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com.au/postmaster
learn_ham: training SpamAsassin from ham (read) messages
learn_ham: learning read messages older than 3 days.
is_writable: checking /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me.....................ok
file_write: opened /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me for appending..........ok
file_write: wrote 0 lines to /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me..............ok
learn_spam: skipped spam learning because /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com.au/postmaster/Maildir/.Spam does not exist.

I thought that this folder was auto created but guess not?

The learn commands fail to run & just hang:

syscmd: running /usr/bin/nice /usr/local/bin/sa-learn --ham  -f /tmp/toaster-ham-learn-me

and also

syscmd: running /usr/bin/nice /usr/local/bin/sa-learn --spam -f /tmp/toaster-spam-learn-me

I have to kill the process to get it to complete.

I'm using Mail-Toaster v5.02 but looking at upgrading to v5.06.  I'm just a bit freaked about migrating to dovecot is all.

Anyone else got / had this problem & know how to fix it / auto create the .Spam folder whenever a new user is created?

Thanks

Antonio

matt

spam folders are autocreated, the first time a spam message arrives. Not until then.

If they don't exist, it's not a problem.

You don't have to use dovecot to use 5.06. Using dovecot is the default, if you prefer to remain with courier-imap, keep your existing settings in toaster-watcher.conf that control that.

antoniop

Thanks for confirming that the folders should be auto-created (I thought that might be the case).

On my server it originally had 4.02 (I think that was the version I started with) and is now running 5.02 having been through a few versions in between (which might be a part of the problem maybe)?

I get the errors everytime the script runs (when I enable debug mode and run it manually), the script hangs when trying to learn spam / ham.  This only occurs if a new user/mailbox is created on the server.

Now that you've confirmed auto-creation I'll dig some more (I'm a perl newb).

Thanks.