Problems after clamav upgrade 0.90

Started by timmc, February 20, 2007, 08:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmc

I recently upgraded clamav to 0.90 from .88.7 on toaster 4.08 and have had some strange problems.
Everything would work fine for about 1 hour and clamav would slow down and eventually stop all together.
As this was a production server, I down graded back to 88.7.
This worked for about 12 hours, but started to develop the same problems. After 1 hour everything would slow down with about 80 clamdscans running and soon after would just stop processing mail.

I have now changed my toaster_setup to re-enable qmail.queue instead of simscan to get around this scanning problem

Anybody have any ideas?

This server has been rock solid for over 2 years until this

Thanks
Tim

matt

Yes, I've seen that too. I downgraded to last 0.88 release of clamav. I'm guessing simscan was depending on something about ClamAV that changed substantially. There are a lot of changes in the 0.90 release of ClamAV.

timmc

Looking at the Clam mailing lists allot of people are having similiar problems with memory use etc  ....
to quote their upgrade notes:
"There are reports of serious load and stability problems introduced in ClamAV 0.90 running on Solaris and FreeBSD? systems. Be cautious installing 0.90 on production systems. This has been solved in 0.90.1." it seems be be solved

Im to scared to try tho :)

Tim

P.S Apart from this our toaster has been perfect for past 2 years - Great software Matt :)

rlance

The 5.06 version toaster has lost its mind about clamav (0.90_3 now):

checking whether we can locate the ripmime program... yes
checking whether we can locate the spamassassin-path... yes
checking whether we can locate the clamav db path... no
configure: error: Unable to find your clamav databases, specify --enable-clamavdb-path.
        child exited with value 1
syscmd: ./configure --enable-user=clamav --enable-ripmime=/usr/local/bin/ripmime --enable-clamdscan=/usr/local/bin/clamdscan --enable-clamavdb-path=/var/db/clamav --enable-sigtool-path=/usr/local/bin/sigtool --enable-spam=y --enable-spamc-user=y --enable-spamc=/usr/local/bin/spamc --enable-spamassassin-path=/usr/local/bin/spamassassin --enable-received=y --enable-spam-hits=12 --enable-attach=y --enable-qmaildir=/var/qmail --enable-qmail-queue=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue --enable-per-domain=y --enable-custom-smtp-reject=y ...FAILED
syscmd: program exited: 256 at lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm line 6403
         pwd: /usr/local/src/mail/simscan-1.2
install_from_source: ./configure --enable-user=clamav --enable-ripmime=/usr/local/bin/ripmime --enable-clamdscan=/usr/local/bin/clamdscan --enable-clamavdb-path=/var/db/clamav --enable-sigtool-path=/usr/local/bin/sigtool --enable-spam=y --enable-spamc-user=y --enable-spamc=/usr/local/bin/spamc --enable-spamassassin-path=/usr/local/bin/spamassassin --enable-received=y --enable-spam-hits=12 --enable-attach=y --enable-qmaildir=/var/qmail --enable-qmail-queue=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue --enable-per-domain=y --enable-custom-smtp-reject=y  failed: No such file or directory
at lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm line 6403

The clamav is still in its usual place, What is the suggested fix?

# ll /var/db/clamav/
total 8020
drwxr-xr-x  2 clamav  clamav      512 Mar  4 09:09 daily.inc
-r--r--r--  1 clamav  clamav  8189490 Mar  4 09:07 main.cvd
-rw-------  1 clamav  clamav       52 Mar  4 09:09 mirrors.dat