Install doc clarification please

Started by jesse, December 26, 2006, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse

Hello

Could the installation docs please be modified to stipulate that you must remain in the Mail-Toaster-5.04 source folder when running each step that requires this? Eg step 3.

I've just installed a clean FreeBSD 6.1 on a test box. It has the ports collection installed already, and perl 5.8.8

I'm on step 3 "install ports". I run the command in the installation instructions:

[root@polly ~]# toaster_setup.pl -s ports

and get:

Can't locate Params/Validate.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib inc /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/Toaster.pm line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/Toaster.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/sbin/toaster_setup.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/sbin/toaster_setup.pl line 22.

Of course I was not in the Mail-Toaster-5.04 source folder anymore. Once I cd'd into it, it worked fine.

Thanks
Jesse

matt

That is odd, because Params-Validate should have been installed with toaster_setup.pl -s pre.

jesse

It doesn't seem to get installed with toaster_setup.pl -s pre ... if I remain in the mail-toaster source folder though it works fine. I've got a working setup now, which I'm only a little way through checking out!