Bug Found I think?

Started by chuy08, November 30, 2006, 01:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuy08

I have been diligently working on setting up a new Mail Toaster 5.03 on Freebsd 6.1 with Apache 22.  All has been going well but I recently discovered something interesting.

When I attempt to hit the main web page that allows for authentication across the top using IE6 the password field is a series of black dots, pretty typicall for password fields.  But when I hit the same page using Firefox 2.0 the password field is in plain text allowing anyone over my shoulder to see my password.  Just thought I would let this be known any thoughts.
-Chuy

matt

You are correct, it's a bug in IE. It does not allow me to alter the field type with CSS as I can with every other browser. I haven't checked to see if it's fixed in IE 7.

chuy08

Do you mean a bug with Firefox 2.0 CSS manipulation.  IE6 seems to be working fine, it's Firefox 2.0 that shows that password.
-Chuy

matt

No, I meant exactly what I said. When editing the password field, I chose to make it visible by changing the field time. IE 6 fails.

When I get around to actually *testing* the authentication values when "Login" is selected, rather than simply setting them in a browser cookie as I do now, then I may revert to a "standard" password field.