Problems installing on Tiger Server

Started by tomierna, November 28, 2006, 02:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

I'm not ignoring this thread. I actually have a spare 20" iMac available now (I bought myself the 24" iMac)  so I'm going to wipe the old system clean and then do an install from scratch, making tweaks to the code and docs as I go. Doing that once or twice usually resolves all the OS X specific issues.

tomierna

Jesse:

The 5.04 version Matt posted yesterday seems to fix most of the Perl version infighting.

There are still some pieces which have that problem, and some aspects of the test script which are failing due to pathing problems.

I've been able to get local MUA->remote working by replacing the /usr/sbin/sendmail binary with the /var/qmail/bin/sendmail replacement. It looks like the FreeBSD side of the script addresses this, but MacOSX Tiger Server uses Postfix, and because of this I don't think the sendmail replacement works correctly.

I still haven't gotten local MUA->local address (root, mailer-daemon, cron, etc.) to work. MacOSX Tiger Server's aliases uses the Postfix alias file, and while I've worked around Sendmail aliases in the past on FreeBSD, I just don't know what to do for this yet.

Matt:

I appreciate your efforts.