stuck on example.org

Started by kib, November 24, 2006, 03:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kib

I am the seocnd person to jump in and work on setting up this toaster.  I thought I cleaned everything out before preceeding with a new install with a freshly updated ports tree.  But I missed something along the way and I dont know what.
http://mail.r3dsynergies.com/ is the url to the site
~vpopmail/bin/vadduser -r5 test@r3dsynergies.com
Random password: #YD3P
and thats a user I threw up so people can try it out if needed

Now the main page loads and you  an login just fine.  But when you try to access qmailadmin or any of the web mail clients the fram below seems to keep wanting to open up to mail.example.com which of course will never work.  I even gone to the length of using `grep -r mail.example.com /usr/local/*` trying to find the config, html, or cgi file that the mail.example.com seems to be coming from but I found nothing outside the setup.pl, man pages, web docs, and commented out examples of configs.
What might i be missing here?

matt

The hostname is embedded in the mt-script.js file.

The example login is still active, so I sent 8,000 spams through it to see how long it would take you to get blacklisted. Have fun. (just kidding).

kib

I think the toaster watcher eventually fixed it.  I checked those files and found no instance of example dot anything in them and the site just sort began working.  So guess I shouls have just waited a while.
a few more bugs to work out but I think I got these handled...its stuff I can understand like cannot connect to some the imap port.  Its just this new interface you guys have with frames and javascript (whatever .js is) that got me so lost.  My own mail toaster has the older green version of the site to login from.