Problem with cron daemon and toaster-watcher.pl

Started by johnkast, October 14, 2006, 04:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnkast

Hi eveybody!
I could say i'm quite new to toaster and i've just finished a 5.02b Mail Toaster on Freebsd 6.1.
The problem is that i'm getting a mail every five minutes with this output

is_writable: checking /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp..............ok
file_write: opened /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp for writing.....ok
file_write: wrote 27 lines to /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp......ok
syscmd, preparing command: /usr/local/bin/tcprules /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
syscmd: program is: /usr/local/bin/tcprules, args are:  /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/Toaster/Qmail.pm line 2992
syscmd: bin is </usr/local/bin/tcprules> (safe)
syscmd: running /usr/local/bin/tcprules /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
child exited with value 0

Any ideas?Toaster seems to work fine and i had never seen this message in Toaster 4.08 and 4.10 but i'm sort of ideas with this.

Thank you for your time.
John

matt

johnkast

Thank you for your immediate answer.

I've enabled toaster_debug.
I couldn't post the whole output cause is really big but the only problems i could see dispate the previous are these
and i don't know if they are causing the problem

rbl_test_positive_ip: we have 9 addresses.
querying 33.74.39.69.dnsbl.sorbs.net...resolver query failed for 33.74.39.69.dnsbl.sorbs.net: NXDOMAIN at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/Toaster/Qmail.pm line 2884

rbl_test_positive_ip: we have 1 addresses.
querying 33.74.39.69.korea.services.net...resolver query failed for 33.74.39.69.korea.services.net: NXDOMAIN at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/Toaster/Qmail.pm line 2884

syscmd, preparing command: /usr/local/bin/tcprules /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
syscmd: program is: /usr/local/bin/tcprules, args are:  /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/Toaster/Qmail.pm line 2992
syscmd: bin is </usr/local/bin/tcprules> (safe)
syscmd: running /usr/local/bin/tcprules /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
child exited with value 0

Thanks
John

johnkast

Hi everybody!
I've corrected all the spam list related problems but i'm still getting mails from cron daemon every five minutes
with the above output.
Everything but everything seems to be ok but....

Thank you in advance
John

matt

shealey

I had a similar sounding problem - It cropped up when I first ran toaster-watcher.pl on my new FreeBSD 6.1 box and got back a huge bunch of output which indicated a Perl error.

After running in debug mode I discovered the problem lies somewhere in the RWL checks. Once I disabled the RWL functionality in toaster-watcher.conf, the problem went away.

I'll email the affected Toaster version later when I'm near a terminal.

Sean.