password field on Mail::Toaster v 5.01

Started by rlance, September 28, 2006, 08:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlance

How is the normal data hiding capability of the input type=password disabled?

More importantly, how can it be re-enabled?

matt

Are you asking now to make it not hide the login form?  Why do you want to do this?

It just uses a JavaScript function to turn off the display of the form. The source is in mt-script.js. In IE, which has b0rked JS support, you'll notice that it works differently than on Mozilla, FireFox, Safari, etc. Be careful what you change, it will likely break some browser.

rlance

Ahso!  Now I notice it behaves differently on IE vs Firefox.  IE correctly shows the password asterisked, while Firefox shows it initially with the "password" prompt, then with the input password in the clear.  It is this undesirable shoulder-surfable password in Firefox I was referring to. 

How should the js (or what) be modified to match the data-hiding of IE?

jerm

Quote from: matt on October 01, 2006, 01:13:54 PM
Are you asking now to make it not hide the login form?  Why do you want to do this?

It just uses a JavaScript function to turn off the display of the form. The source is in mt-script.js. In IE, which has b0rked JS support, you'll notice that it works differently than on Mozilla, FireFox, Safari, etc. Be careful what you change, it will likely break some browser.

any input on this?  it would be nice to not have to worry about shoulder-surfing in FF. 

matt

If I knew how to fix it so that IE and FF both worked, then I would have already. Patches are welcome.