Evolution killin courier?

Started by IceBerg, April 13, 2006, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceBerg

I was using Thunderbird and moved to Evolution because the Sunbird for calendars is seriously under developed at this point. Anyway, for some reason when I make an IMAP connection it will fail auth.

/var/log/maillog:
Apr 13 02:28:09 stealth authdaemond: vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away
Apr 13 02:28:09 stealth imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=mailto:iceberg@techropolis.com" target="_blank">iceberg@techropolis.com, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.102]

This ONLY happens with evolution, so I didnt know if it were a configuration problem, a courier problem or a evolution problem.

Any advice would be helpful. Incidentaly the mysqlserver never does really go away, I checked all the logs and I made sure by maintaining a constat connection to the server from another machine.

Thanks
Bryan

matt

make sure you've removed all but the vchkpw from the authdaemond config file in /usr/local/etc/authdaemond/. Then restart courier-authdaemon. If you still have the problem, I'd start to look at evolution and what it's sending to the IMAP server.

You could always try installing BincIMAP. I've played with it, it works, but it's missing a lot of the features of CourierIMAP so I haven't integrated into the toaster yet.