Mail::Toaster 4.10 release

Started by matt, March 19, 2006, 03:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

4.10 - 2006.03.17

Change Summary:

The biggest changes in this release were simply fixes for all sorts of little problems that have crept in since the last release. Apache 2.2 installs in a weird place, rc.d startup files no longer need (and often don't have) .sh endings. Moving the templates into a cgi directory caused a make conflict. Lots of other little fixes here and there like those.

QQtool is fixed.

Darwin support has been extensively upgraded again. It builds quite reliably. A new launchd plist was written to start  the supervised processes (needed for OS X 10.4) There are more launchd plists necessary for other daemons (clamav, sqwebmaild, courier, etc).

cgi directory renamed to cgi_files to avoid make conflict
cgi_files/admin.tmpl
    o removed trailing / from vqadmin URL
contrib/toaster-watcher.conf.darwin.patch
    o updated with latest settings
    o more updates to install better on OS X Server (as well as OS X)
qqtool.pl
    o fixed programming error that caused message headers to not display
toaster-watcher.conf-dist
    o added install_apache_etc target for apache's etc dir
    o added smtpd_recordio option
    o install mysql 4.1 by default (was 4.0)
    o install_razor now defaults to port (was 1)
toaster.conf-dist
    o logs_isoqlog now defaults to disabled
    o qmailanalog_bin now defaults to /var/qmail (FreeBSD port change)
lib/toaster.conf
    o added warning note to lib_taifiles
lib/Mail/Toaster.pm
lib/Mail/Toaster/Apache.pm
    o updated so that patch would apply properly with apache 2.1 and 2.2
lib/Mail/Toaster/Perl.pm
    o significant updates to module_install so that modules other than my own will fetch and install properly. This fixes the problems with razor-agents not being automatically configured. It also installs correctly on Darwin now.
lib/Mail/Toaster/Qmail.pm
    o added code to support the new smtpd_recordio setting
lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm
    o Darwin patch detection for -s config target failed to work and thus didn't apply the darwin .conf patch.
    o honor the hostname set for pop3/smtp/submit services when testing (used to default to localhost would could report failures if you had those services listening only to a specific IP)
    o don't try installing mysql 3 on Darwin (only install the requested version).
    o is_newer sub was failing on simscan. Reworked logic to be more reliable.
    o removed hard coded /usr/local paths in mailfilter, they now honor the toaster_prefix setting
    o maildrop build can now accept a version number from t-w.conf
    o fixes so razor-agents would install correctly
    o fixes for ripmime source installation on Darwin
    o fixes for simscan source install on Darwin
    o sqwebmail now installs in toaster_prefix (instead of only /usr/local)
lib/Mail/Toaster/Utility.pm
    o sources_get: new subroutine that consolidates the functions from install_from_sources and perl/module_install. Removed that functionaly from three subs and moved into sources_get. Sources_get now tries harder to find the right file and handles errors more gracefully.
    o archive_expand: now auto detects archival extensions if missing (.tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .tgz)

antoniop

Hi Matt,

Hey I just downloaded the mail-toaster from http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/Mail-Toaster.tar.gz to set-up a 1U I just got & expected to get 4.10 but instead got 5.01.  I checked the tar history file for what's new in 5.01 but it's not listed.  Guess you have not had the time to type anything about the new release?  I could just scp the 4.10 tar from my other box but if there's a new version I'd be keen to use it..

Can I use the toaster.conf & toaster-watcher.conf files I created & edited (just last month) for 4.10 with the 5.01 toaster  ???

The 4.10 toaster successfully installs on FreeBSD v6.0 which I did about a month ago but this time I'd like to try v6.0 with the v6.1 patches.  Is there anything I need to watch out for that anyone knows of?

Antonio

matt

antoniop