vpopmail upgrade failing

Started by spackle, January 13, 2006, 07:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spackle

I've only installed a toaster a couple times (3 to be exact, this is my 4th and is a test machine) and everything upgrades fine except for vpopmail.  It's a 5.4-stabl machine using Mail Toaster 4.08.  I'm upgrading vpopmail from version 5.4.8 to 5.4.13.  It gives me the following errors:

couldn't import DBD::mysql: Can't load  '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/auto/DBD/mysql/my sql.so' for module DBD::mysql: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.14" not found, required by "mysql.so" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 24) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 24) line 3.

at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Mail/Toaster/Mysql.pm line 183

Would you like me to try installing DBD::mysql: (y/n): y
ports_check_age: Ports file is current (enough).
port_install: p5-DBD-mysql         installed as (p5-DBD-mysql-3.0002).
testing install...success.
Had to create DBD::mysql::dr::imp_data_size unexpectedly at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/DBI.pm line 1182, <STDIN> line 2.
Had to create DBD::mysql::db::imp_data_size unexpectedly at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/DBI.pm line 1182, <STDIN> line 2.
Undefined subroutine &DBD::mysql::db::_login called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/DBD/mysql.pm line 140, <STDIN> line 2.

Any suggestions?  Also, please let me know if you need more information about the installation.

Rafi

AFAIK, the currently specified vpopmail version in the toaster (see  'toaster-watcher.conf') is 5.4.8.

I have had negative experiences in the past with updating vpopmail past the 'blessed' toaster version.

I suggest you stick with 5.4.8.