Tons of messages filling up Var

Started by ksscendyn, November 29, 2005, 03:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksscendyn

I have 2 servers 1 old version 2.x and one newer version 3.47

on the old one I have tried to remove the messages manually thus deleting the queue and blowing up qmail.  However I learned a good lesson and downloaded DJB queue-fix-1.04 and fixed that in a jiffy but one problem I keep getting these lil F#$@ coming back and filing up my /var/qmail/queue every 2 hours

Kurt# qmail queue
messages in queue: 4
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0
29 Nov 2005 09:51:01 GMT  #246  47908199  <mailto:anonymous@mail.kconsulting.org" target="_blank">anonymous@mail.kconsulting.org>
       local   mailto:root@mail.kconsulting.org" target="_blank">root@mail.kconsulting.org
29 Nov 2005 09:46:01 GMT  #224  48435292  <mailto:anonymous@mail.kconsulting.org" target="_blank">anonymous@mail.kconsulting.org>
       local   mailto:root@mail.kconsulting.org" target="_blank">root@mail.kconsulting.org
29 Nov 2005 09:56:01 GMT  #249  46779799  <mailto:anonymous@mail.kconsulting.org" target="_blank">anonymous@mail.kconsulting.org>

This will go on up till I have about 100+ in the queue like I did in there last week and filled my /var up! Old server only used 256mb for /var retard I was yes I know!  Anyhow I cannot use qqtool.pl cuz this server has perl 5.6.1 and is going to be upgraded soon by our friend Matt (Jedi) Simerson. Yay! anyhow I still want to know what I can do or try to do to kill these messages.  I have tried to use badmailfrom but seems not to work so any ideas or suggestions would be great thanks again!!!

--Lil Van Dammage