Vpopmail + vchkpw error without changes to the conf ?!

Started by fnemo, August 20, 2005, 05:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnemo

Since this morning (7 AM) I have those errors :
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone awayvmysql: sql error[2]: MySQL server has gone awayFailed while attempting to add user to auth backendError: (vadduser) no auth connection

Aug 20 13:33:28 freyja imapd-ssl: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:xx.xx.xx.xx]

My MySQL server is running on another box. This setup was running fine until this morning.

I can still connect to the mysql server using the vpopmail account. Database and tables are all fine.
But it seems that vpopmail still want to connect to localhost.

I recreated the vpopmail.mysql file without any success.

I did not update this night (the last one was about 10 days ago).

Any clue about what I can check to make all the things run again ?

Thanks.
Nemo.

fnemo

More informations :
- the SMTP Auth is working (checked with PHP scripts that require SMTP Auth / /var/log/maillog)
- the mails are delivered to the right mailbox

fnemo

at the same time, I have some DNS issues due to my ISP. Do any one know a good cache DNS I can put in my resolv.conf ?

Thanks in advance.

fnemo

Ok,

I solved the DNS issue (and some errors in maillog) with a new DNS cache.

About the rest, several test show that issues come from courier-imap. I'm doing a fresh install on another box for now.
Accounts and key files are on the NAS and MySQL on the DB server. This should help to correct the error.

More details a bit later

fnemo

Ok, succeeded...

Now I should get some sleep.

Hope my life was interesting Wink