ezmlm + chk_usr

Started by dorianfm, August 10, 2005, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianfm

Hi,

I'm having a somewhat perplexing problem. I've installed toaster 4.08 and all is working beautifully, except one little problem:

When I set up an ezmlm list mail, on a vpopmail managed domain, called mailto:announce@example.com" target="_blank">announce@example.com, which chkuser ignores the .qmail-announce-default for. In my standard setup a mail to  mailto:announce-subscribe@example.com" target="_blank">announce-subscribe@example.com or mailto:announce-unsubscribe@example.com" target="_blank">announce-unsubscribe@example.com is rejected, with the message:
Remote host said: 511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)

but if .qmail-default is removed  the messages to those admin address's are delivered.

.qmail-default contains:
| /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

A message to announce@ is processed by ezmlm as expected, suggesting that there isn't a problem with the basic list setup.

I've checked the settings for chkuser in /usr/local/src/mail/netqmail-1.05-toaster-3.0.patch, assuing this is what's used, and it's got CHKUSER_ENABLE_EZMLM_LISTS set and CHKUSER_EZMLM_DASH set to "-" as, I believe, it should be. I've toggled these and rebuilt qmail with toaster_setup.pl -s qmail to no avail.

I haven't changed the patch(es) in any other way from the original distribution.

This problem is occuring on (at least) two different systems that I have toaster installed on.

Is there any other places I should be looking to test settings, or other information I should post?

Obviously I can remove .qmail-default to get the lists working, but I like how chk_user works and would rather not ditch it's functionality.

Any help/ideas/suggestions you can provide are much appreciated

_d._

dorianfm

And it's the worlds quickest response to someones own post for him...

In case you have the same problem, edit /usr/local/src/mail/netqmail-1.05-toaster-3.0.patch change

+ /* #define CHKUSER_ENABLE_ALIAS_DEFAULT */

to

+ #define CHKUSER_ENABLE_ALIAS_DEFAULT

(IE uncomment it, but don't remove the patch +)

then

toster_setup.pl -s qmail

To rebuild qmail.

dorianfm

OK, I've just upgraded to Toaster 5.05 (Hmmmm, is this even released Matt? - I just grabbed the latest .tar.gz I could see.) on FreeBSD and I've encountered the same problem. Well, it's slightly different.

Ezmlm list exists (from previous install) users@example.com

standard .qmail aliases are there, .qmail-users, .qmail-users-default etc.

mail to users-subscribe (which should be handled by .qmail-users-default) is stopped by vchckuser:

sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)

I've applied the changes I did above to /usr/local/src/mail/netqmail-1.05-toaster-3.1.patch

If I remove .qmail-default from /usr/local/vpopmail/domain/example.com/ then the mail no longer get's bounced, it just gets accepted then >/dev/null (as far as I can tell). This happens for any mail to example.com, even to valid aliases and accounts on example.com.

I'm a bit stumped, as I'd have assumed my previous changes would have worked. Any suggestions?
\

matt

what version of ezmlm?  You might have to revert to 0.4? because the chkuser patches doesn't work with the newest versions of ezmlm.

dorianfm

ahh... it's ezmlml-0.53+ezmlm-idx-0.40 ... is that 0.53 or 0.4 then? I get a bit confused as I see people refer to the idx version as definitive in one place and the pre-idx patch ezmlm version as definitive in another.

Thanks.