toaster_setup.pl -s qmail stops after ./install

Started by Ness, May 16, 2005, 02:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ness

Hi Toasterizers,

I built one yesterday, but didn't get this error, and I don't where to look for debug info on this one:

cat qmail-spamthrottle.9 \
     | sed s}QMAILHOME}"'head -a conf-qmail'"}g \
     >qmail-spamthrottle.5 > qmail-spamthrottle.0
./install
Please enter the SQL password for user vpopmail:

On the toaster I built yesterday I didn't get this prompt. The only thing I did different this time is to use the toaster_setup.pl -s config instead of manually editing the files. When asked for the vpopmail password I pressed Enter. In toaster-watcher.conf the vpopmail_mysql_repl_pass is 0 (zero).

I tried entering 0 or supersecretword (the default) but no go.

I don't want to mess up this installation. Someone has a clue?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Perl Rules !

Ness

All right I built another system today, FreeBSD 5.4, Toaster 4.07, by the book according to the docs.

When I get to the Installing Qmail part (toaster_setup.pl -s qmail), I first get a series of errors saying no such file or directory (its all the files the script refers to in the /etc/mail/mailer.conf file). And it stops there.

I ran toaster_setup.pl -s qmail -d debug (is that usefull at all ?) and it stops at the ./install line (just like on my first post).

I connected to the mysql server with the vpopmail username and password (supersecretword) (default) just fine.

Could there be a bugged patch it downloaded during install ? I'm sure I didn't messed with the procedure.

Perl Rules !

matt

Ness wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 16:32

Hi Toasterizers,

I built one yesterday, but didn't get this error, and I don't where to look for debug info on this one:

./install
Please enter the SQL password for user vpopmail:

On the toaster I built yesterday I didn't get this prompt. The only thing I did different this time is to use the toaster_setup.pl -s config instead of manually editing the files. When asked for the vpopmail password I pressed Enter. In toaster-watcher.conf the vpopmail_mysql_repl_pass is 0 (zero).

I tried entering 0 or supersecretword (the default) but no go.

I don't want to mess up this installation. Someone has a clue?

You certainly do NOT want a blank password for vpopmail, nor should you be using the default password.  When it prompts you, type in what it asks for "...please choose a secure password now:"

Ness

That's what I did in the 2nd install: I put in a password.

It gives me the error mentionned on my 2nd post.

Thx for the reply. I hope I'm not the only one with this error, because I would feel pretty damn stupid  Rolling Eyes

Perl Rules !

matt

Well, I haven't seen that error yet, and I've built over a dozen 4.07 toasters now, and upgraded half a dozen others to 4.07 as well.

Ness

The only thing I'm not sure about is the option in ucspi screen. Do I have to enable this or not ?

(I did not)

Thx
Perl Rules !

matt

Ness

Don't know... maybe my way of setting up FreeBSD ?

I Install via the CD, Standard Install, choose option 4 (developper I think), Install ports and thats it. I update my ports with the toaster utility, do the portsdb -Uu recommended by the script...

Nothing else.

Perl Rules !

RobG

I am running in to the same problem but I did change the password for vpopmail.  When I get to the qmail install it dies right at the same spot for ./install but it is not prompting me for a sql password it just goes back to the shell prompt.

Here is the last fiew lines where the install dies:

cat qmail-spamthrottle.9 \      | sed s}QMAILHOME}"`head -1 conf-qmail`"}g \      | sed s}BREAK}"`head -1 conf-break`"}g \      | sed s}SPAWN}"`head -1 conf-spawn`"}g \      > qmail-spamthrottle.5nroff -man qmail-spamthrottle.5 > qmail-spamthrottle.0./install

At this time I installing Webmin and going to take a look at the databases and see if they were created properly.

BTW here is the output fron uname -a

FreeBSD dawghouse.internet-helpers.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov  3 09:36:13 UTC 2005     mailto:root@x64.samsco.home" target="_blank">root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I am not Sure if FreeBSD 6 has somethign to do with this.  I am also trying to install the most recent Toaster.

RobG

Same error on FreeBSD 5.4

I am thinking it has something to do with the way I have configured things through the script but for the life of me I can't remember what.  Though when going through the install when it gets to the tarpitting section it gave an error and exited to the prompt.  Something about the file did not exist in /usr/bin/diff. Attached is my conf file, passwords have been blanked for security Smile :