strange behavior

Started by hoodoo, April 04, 2005, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

***EDIT THE 2ND***
This was resolved on the tnpi mailing list. Please conisder it closed.
***/EDIT***

Hello All, let me start off by saying that I'm a long time fan of the toaster, have been using it for years now. Usually, every time I set it up, things don't exactly as planned, and they have to be fixed, and this time is no exception. The exception this time is, after all else is working just fine - viruses are coming through.
I'm getting every virus sent from
toaster_setup.pl -s filtertest
I've tried all three default smtpd_queue settings in toaster-watcher.conf, and I'm using
filtering_method = tcpserver
although changing this to smtp and running toaster-watcher.pl doesn't seem to change the results at all.
I've enabled qmail-queue.log; and this line seems to be the most pertinent:
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:45:16 PDT:3343: This is a PLAIN text message (because it's either not mime, or is text/plain), skip virus scanners - but not SA
**EDIT**
I should add that the above line comes up for *every* message sent from toaster_setup.pl, and everywhere else as far as I can tell
**/EDIT**

Also, once per filtertest, a line like this shows up in quarantine.log:
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:16:19 PDT           mailto:postmaster@foo.com" target="_blank">postmaster@foo.com      Email test (attach message)    EICAR Test Virus        clamdscan: 0.83/804. spamassassin: 3.0.2.

Also, I attempted around half of the tests from that testvirus.org with the same results.
I've never had this much trouble getting virus scanning to behave on the toaster before - please help - I just want to get on with   the rest of this machine's configuration. If there's anything I can post to help, let me know. I've searched the tnpi archives and mailing list, and google and did not find anything, but pretty much anything would help at this point.
Thanks in advance,
 Blake S.