courier-authlib compile issues

Started by jerm, February 16, 2005, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm

Hi all.  Now, i know this is not toaster specific, however it's a pretty good bet that this is a good palce to find people running freebsd and courier-authlib.  Google also returns nothing useful on this issue.

please forgive me.

when courier-authlib is getting built it fails with the folling error lines

Compiling authsaslfrombase64.c
Compiling authsasltobase64.c
Linking libcourierauthsasl.la
eval: 1: Syntax error: "|" unexpected
gmake[2]: *** [libcourierauthsasl.la] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/mail/courier-authlib/work/courier-authlib-0.54'

and things die rather nastily after that.  in desperation i removed everything SASL and it died in a different spot with identical syntax error message and results.  

The packaged courier-authlib installs fine, but doesn't seem to have authvchkpw support built in.

Rather stuck here,  anyone?

Environment: fresh install (other than toaster) of freebsd 5.3-release. toaster 4.03

matt

Build the port like this:

cd /usr/ports/mail/courier-authlib
make -DWITH_VPOPMAIL install clean

or better yet, use my Mail::Toaster and it'll do it for you.

jerm

Thanks matt, but that's where it all started...  i love the toaster, and i was building from ports, but that's where i encountered the error... my only tried the package to get around compiling it, but with the aforementioned result.

i'm baffled at this point.  

just for shits & giggles i tried it once more with the flag you set and ix-nay on the orking-way

ompiling authsaslcram.c
Compiling authsasllogin.c
Compiling authsaslplain.c
Compiling authsaslfrombase64.c
Compiling authsasltobase64.c
Linking libcourierauthsasl.la
eval: 1: Syntax error: "|" unexpected
gmake[2]: *** [libcourierauthsasl.la] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/mail/courier-authlib/work/courier-authlib-0.54'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/mail/courier-authlib/work/courier-authlib-0.54'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

matt

Well, I dunno what to tell you then. Just today I build it on FreeBSD 4.11 and 5.3-stable. I've build it on at least a dozen toasters in the last two weeks that I can think of. You have something unique on your system that I haven't seen yet.

atari

matt wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 12:03

or better yet, use my Mail::Toaster and it'll do it for you.

I can't seem to find any docs in the toaster or installation guide to show you what to do at the "Options for courier-authlib 0.55_1" screen..

[X] PAM        Build with PAM support
[ ] VPOPMAIL    Build in vpopmail support
[ ] MYSQL       Build in mysql support
[ ] POSTGRESQL  Build in postgresql support
[ ] LDAP        Build in ldap support with openldap
[ ] GDBM        Use gdbm files instead of bdb
[X] AUTHUSERDB  Build with authuserdb

I'm guessing PAM should be unchecked and VPOPMAIL should be checked? Should AUTHUSERDB be selected still?

Any reason why you don't document these option screens?

matt

only select vpopmail. Deselect everything else. That isn't documented because it didn't exist until very recently, and it only exists if you install via FreeBSD ports.

Matt