multilog send hangs and holds messages in queue

Started by sjcundy, March 24, 2005, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjcundy

I have been banging my head against the waill about this for quite a while now.  It appears that every few days (random intervals) multilog/send hangs causing messages to get stuck in the queue.  I can't simply restart the services as I have to kill the process using kill -KILL.  Once I stop the services, kill the multilog/send process, and start the services everything continues on fine.  

I have upgraded the toaster, maillogs, etc serveral times but that hasn't helped.  I have also tried increasing the send_log_maxsize_bytes setting, thinking that this might fix the problem, but changes do not seem to take effect after running any combination of toaster-watcher.pl, toaster_setup.pl, or restarting the services.

Nothing appears in any of the log files that I can see that can give me any indication of why multilog/send hangs - it just decides to stop.  The actual size of the send log file when it hangs is also random.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  I am hoping someone else has run into this problem and that I am just missing something obvious.  If you need any output of log files, etc just let me know.

Thanks in advance

matt

I've seen this on upgrades.  I'm not exactly why, but this should fix it:

services stop

verify that all qmail related processes are not running.

rm /var/service/*/log/run
toaster_setup.pl -s supervise
toaster_setup.pl -s maillogs
services start

All should be hunkey dorey.

sjcundy

Thanks a million. Made the changes and so far so good.  Changes in multilog settings took effect after removing the log/run files and I am hoping (no reason to doubt you) that multilog send locking will cease.