multiple issues after fresh install

Started by jason, March 02, 2005, 04:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

several things went wrong this time as I thougth a fresh install on a brand new freebsd insallation would help but it has created more problems.

#1 The services command seems to be missing.  I have to use /usr/local/etc/rc.d/services.sh instead.  IT didnt seem to get created during the install process.

#2 imap still refuses to work.  I cal telnet to the port 143 locally and from remote but I always get ssl errors on both the client and the server.
The server logs show this when I try to login:
Mar  2 23:16:38 kyle imapd: couriertls: accept: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

#3 Sqwebmail wil not accept any login atempt.  Everything is treated as a invalid login.

#4 Squirrelmail gives an error that Pear is not installed when I can see that it is.  Also reinstalling pear has no effect on this problem.

Those are the problems I know of on this mail toasater that is now less then 3 days old.  I am almost to the point where I woudl be wiling to pay someone to install this or fix the one I just installed and get everything working again.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve these problems.

Jason Cribbins

tronik

Hi! I'm having the same problems.
A brand new installation, with brand new toaster...

Well, at least, #1 and #3...the other two don't apply to me.

#1 = In previous toasters 'services' worked fine, but now im using 'services.sh' which isn't a big deal to me...

#2 = this is the kicker for me, sqwebmail is probably not using the proper authentication type.

my #3 = Qmail isn't listening on port 25...I've redone the toaster twice. Still not listening on port 25, and svscan isn't starting it properly or something...

vpopmail  3883  0.0  0.1   936  492  ??  IJ    1:08PM   0:00.00 /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R -c50 -u 89 -g 89 0 submission qmail-smtpd /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true splogger qmail
root      3878  0.0  0.1   936  492  ??  IJ    1:08PM   0:00.00 /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R -c50 0 pop3 qmail-popup luna.xqryz.net /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw qmail-pop3d Maildir

Both of those are happening...though...so i'm not really sure what to do, since the actual 'svscan' and port 25 tcpserver isn't listening..

tronik

I  have isolated the problem with QMAIL not starting the tcpserver on port 25...

Some option from toaster-watcher.pl/conf makes it invoke argument "-S" tcpserver has no argument -S...

So matt, I guess there is something in toaster-watcher.conf that isn't a valid option...But I can't find it because I have to get my mailserver configured now that its working =D

ACtually i found this:
ChangeLog: v1.6 - SMTP relay table is entirely contained in a MySQL table. Previously the tcp.smtp.cdb file was still generated based upon the contents of a MySQL table. We have modified the tcpserver application to check a MySQL table (instead of a flat file) for each SMTP session to determine if a user's IP can relay or not. If the database connection fails, we allow the SMTP session anyway but don't allow relaying. Invoke tcpserver with the -S flag to utilize the new feature.

Since my tcpserver isn't working with that option, Does that mean some patch didn't get applied to tcpserver or something? (I used toaster_setup.pl and ports for everything...

-will

tronik

I just rebuilt tcpserver from the toaster_setup again, and ports, and the patch obsviously still is not working, either that or the -S option is debunct...or something. In any case, any workaround for this? As Watcher runs every hour and rebuilds the run file, and it always rebuilds it with the -S option.

tronik

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/Toaster/Qmail.pm
              $exec .= "-S ";
               print "build_smtp_run: using MySQL based relay table\n" if $debu

For now i've changed that to $exec .= " ";..that way if the machine reboots or something smtp will come back up...

I still dunno why its  not building with that MySQL patch?
ucspi-tcp-0.88_1 is what my ports are building...

tronik

Jason:
SQwebmail is probably not looking at the right authentication modules to use vpopmail...You'll need to edit the authdaemonrc file and add this to the modules available: authvchkpw

sleepycat

I also have my qmail not listing on port 25, everything else I've gotten to work. I'm gonna play around, if I figure out something, I'll report.

matt

To fix the problem with qmail not listening on port 25, run "toaster_setup.pl -s ucspi" and let it rebuild it.  Make sure the processes are not running or it'll fail to install.

Matt

sleepycat

hey matt, in the toater-watcher.conf

########################################           qmail-smtpd               ########################################smtpd_listen_on_address         = all           # all, a hostname, or IPsmtpd_listen_on_port            = smtp          # smtp or a port numbersmtpd_hostname                  = 0

Do I have to change to smtpd_listen_on_port = 25 , or this doesn't matter?

and thanks for the repley.

I basically stopped the tcpservers and than rebuilt and no sign of port 25 open.

my output of sockstat -4

USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESSvpopmail tcpserve 14766    3 tcp4   *:587                 *:*root     tcpserve 14760    3 tcp4   *:110                 *:*root     suidperl   354    5 tcp4   127.0.0.1:783         *:*root     suidperl   353    5 tcp4   127.0.0.1:783         *:*root     suidperl   352    5 tcp4   127.0.0.1:783         *:*root     suidperl   351    5 tcp4   127.0.0.1:783         *:*root     suidperl   350    5 tcp4   127.0.0.1:783         *:*root     snmpd      285    6 udp4   *:161                 *:*root     suidperl   251    5 tcp4   127.0.0.1:783         *:*mysql    mysqld     249    5 tcp4   *:3306                *:*root     couriert   197    6 tcp4   *:995                 *:*root     couriert   185    6 tcp4   *:143                 *:*root     couriert   172    6 tcp4   *:993                 *:*root     sshd        98    4 tcp4   *:22                  *:*