SQWebmail 5.0

Started by chuy08, February 03, 2005, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuy08

I recently installed Mail Toaster 4.03 on a FreeBSD 5.3 box with Apache2, and PHP5.  Most of the toaster is up and running with out to much effort but now I am at a loss with SQWebmail 5.0.0.  I cannot seem to get it to authenticate to vpopmail for a user whose pop account works fine.  I don't even know where to begin looking.  Any suggestions?

--Chuy
-Chuy

matt

sqwebmail 5.0 and higher no longer have authentication build in and require the use of courier-authlib. Courier-authlib no longer supports simple authvchkpw authentication and MUST be run in daemon mode.

When you install sqwebmail from ports, it automatically installs courier-authlib but you need to add courier_authdaemond_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf and then start up authdaemond.

The same goes for courier-imap 4.0 and higher. This is documented in the courier-imap and sqwebmail readmes.

This is also take care of for you as of Mail::Toaster 4.04 (which is available in the source directory) and should be released in another  half month or so.

Matt

buel

Hi,

I'm using a 4.05 toaster with FreeBSD5.3 and PHP4. My courier-authlib (0.55) just ignores all tentatives of authentication via webmail (squirrelmail 1.44 and sqwebmail 5.0.1). I've tried many
combinations in /usr/local/etc/authlib/authmysqlrc file, but none
worked out. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance,

Sam.