qmail holds mails in queue

Started by SyNeo, December 28, 2004, 03:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SyNeo

Hello.

After several hours of a normal work, the qmail holds emails in it's queue, and stops processing them. When trying to stop it via "services stop", the qmail-send stays, and can be only stopped with the KILL signal. When trying to restart the services with the "services start", the following messages appears - fatal error: can not lock /services/send/lock and fatal error: can not lock /services/log/lock. The multilog can be killed only with KILL as well.

Only after the qmail was killed such way, and restarted with "services start", the system starts to process and send all the holded emails.

The MailToaster version is 3.46. I don't use the filtering options. The system worked very nicely until now, could it be something external, as some security flaw exploited via some mail, that causes that?

Thank you for any idea.

SyNeo

An update - after restarting the qmail, by the way described in the previous post, after some time, I started receiving the following output in the terminal:

Undefined subroutine &main::LoadModule called at ./sendlog line 79.
multilog: warning: processor failed in /var/log/mail/send, pausing

After that, all the story repeated it self. As it seems to me, the log processor encountered this subroutine, and couldn't continue.

Also, I have seen alredy this behaviour - the Mail Center welcome page, from where the users can access the webmail and qmailadmin, has started responding with exactly the same error. I fixed it by replacing the admin and index CGI with the corresponding files in the squirrelmail.

matt

Upgrade your Mail::Toaster with the latest version and run "toaster_setup -s maillogs".  That will upgrade the multilog post-processing script which is what's spitting out the Undefined subrouting error message.

Matt