Prequisites

Started by Nick Cockinos, December 13, 2004, 06:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Cockinos

Hi Everyone,
Just a couple of quick questions.

1./ Can both server and client exist in the same machine?

2./ Using Apache 2, I get errors(Listed Below). What needs to be done to overcome these.

apachectl stop
Syntax error on line 1122 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlFreshRestart', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

3./ We have 2 Bind servers. Is there anything that needs to be done to these to allow NicTool to communicate with them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick

matt

nickcockinos wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 08:35

Hi Everyone,
Just a couple of quick questions.

1./ Can both server and client exist in the same machine?

2./ Using Apache 2, I get errors(Listed Below). What needs to be done to overcome these.

apachectl stop
Syntax error on line 1122 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlFreshRestart', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

3./ We have 2 Bind servers. Is there anything that needs to be done to these to allow NicTool to communicate with them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick

1. Yes.

2. do you have mod_perl installed?

3. NicTool doesn't have export routines for BIND yet so you need to either use BIND 9 with a db backend or write a script to dump the NicTool dbs to a format that you wish to use (LDAP schema, flat files, etc).

Nick Cockinos

3. NicTool doesn't have export routines for BIND yet so you need to either use BIND 9 with a db backend or write a script to dump the NicTool dbs to a format that you wish to use (LDAP schema, flat files, etc).

Or start using djbdns on both servers?

matt

correct. djbdns is fully supported. I know PowerDNS has been made to work, and I have some docs on that (somewhere) but for the time being, djbdns is the what you'll want to use.