configuration of rbl_reverse_dns

Started by tygr, September 15, 2004, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tygr

Hello,

I'm trying to turn of rbl_reverse_dns functionality. So I changed it in toaster-watcher.conf

rbl_enable                      = 0    # master RBL switch. Disables all RBLs
rbl_enable_fail_closed          = 1    # default is on
rbl_enable_soft_failure         = 1    # default is on (off means bounce immediately (553)
rbl_timeout                     = 60   # default is 60 seconds
rbl_reverse_dns                 = 0    # block based on presence of reverse DNS
rbl_reverse_dns_failure         = soft

But I'm unable to deliver email to the server from domain which is not in DNS. I know it's sometimes good to have it working but I, for the beginning, would like to be this switched off.

I tried to disable qmail-scanner
#smtpd_qmail_queue               = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
smtpd_qmail_queue               = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue

but still without any effect.

Can you help me please? I'm in stuck. I tried to configure /var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run by hand but it seems to me it's OK:

/var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run:
exec softlimit -m 35840000 tcpserver -S -H -R -c10 -x /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 89 -g 89 0 smtp qmail-smtpd /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true 2>&1

Thank you for any advice.

Jan

donavan

Turn qmail-scanner back on, thats not doing it. Its youre supervise/run file that needs to change.

Check your crontab to see if /usr/local/sbin/toaster-watcher.pl is running. This is the script that reads your conf and autogenerates your run file.

At a glance your run file looks ok, im running with this on my production server:
Quote:

#!/bin/sh

PATH=/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/vpopmail/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
export PATH

QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"
export QMAILQUEUE

LOCAL=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`
if [ -z "$LOCAL" ]; then
       echo LOCAL is unset in /var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run
       exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts ]; then
       echo "No /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts!"
       echo "Refusing to start SMTP listener because it'll create an open relay"
       exit 1
fi

exec softlimit -m 31744000 tcpserver -S -R -c16 -t25 -x /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 89 -g 89 65.113.136.48 smtp rblsmtpd -b -r relays.ordb.org -r relays.visi.com -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org -r list.dsbl.org qmail-smtpd /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true 2>&1

That has a couple of big RBLs, but no rDNS/PTR checks.

Also, your ~vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp file can do rDNS checks. your last line should be ":allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"" if you want to recieve all mail and send it to qmail-scanner. See the FAQ http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/docs/faq.shtml#how_do_i_block_connections_from_servers_with_no_reverse_dns" target="_blank">http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/docs/faq.shtml#how_do_i_block_connections_from_servers_with_no_reverse_dns for more tcp.smtp info