first time user

Started by fist, August 30, 2004, 10:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fist

I have a customer that is using iplanet msg server that has pop/imap/webmail and uses LDAP, the server was installed by a 'friend' of the owner and they had a tiff, he installed it with job security in mind and even the sun support people went nuts trying to figure it out while I was away on vacation. He has about 80 users. At any rate he needs another solution so I'm looking here. He is mainly sun platforms, I have two local DNS servers that I built for him running mandrake 9 and a blank Sun E450 with alot of empty drives that will make a dandy mail server so my main question is will your stuff run on solaris and if so what release's....I've upgraded all his portals to 9. Suggestions ??
What I had planned on doing was adding the new server with an MX record of 20 and leaving his main MX at 10 till I have it all wrung out then just switching MX's before turning off the old one..

matt

If you're good at fixing all the "normal" problems that arise when installing and compiling programs, then you'll be able to get the toaster stuff working on Solaris.