maildrop configure error in toaster_setup.pl -s pre

Started by martin42, July 20, 2004, 02:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin42

Hi,

Any thoughts on how to fix this error? This happens on a fresh FreeBSD 4.10 box, with base and ports CVSupped to RELENG_4. I've left the various /usr/local/etc/toaster*.conf files pretty much alone to start with...  

Quote:

configure: configuring in maildrop
configure: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/usr/local  '--enable-syslog=1' '--enable-use-flock' '--with-etcdir=/usr/local/etc' '--enable-maildrop-uid=root' '--enable-maildrop-gid=mail' '--without-db' '--enable-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--build=i386-portbld-freebsd4.10' 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib' 'CFLAGS=-O -pipe -march=pentiumpro' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include' 'build_alias=i386-portbld-freebsd4.10' 'CC=cc' --with-userdb=/usr/local/etc/userdb --with-userdbtmpdir=/usr/local/etc '--with-makedatprog=${exec_prefix}/bin/makedatprog' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.

(... snip ...)

checking location of system mailboxes... configure: error: Cannot determine default mailbox
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for maildrop
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to mailto:sergei@FreeBSD.org" target="_blank">sergei@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/mail/maildrop/work/maildrop-1.6.3/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/maildrop.
SysCmd: make  install clean
SysCmd: result: 256
InstallPort: maildrop             FAILED
FATAL FAILURE: Install of maildrop failed. Please fix and try again.
at lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm line 2736

Sorry if this a lame question, but I'm new to Unix MTAs!

Many thanks for any info.
- Martin.

martin42

Possible solution  Wink

setenv QMAIL yes_please_sir

and resume the build:-

toaster_setup.pl -s pre

This gets me past the place where the installation stopped, but I've no idea whether that was the correct solution.
- Martin.