tcp.smtp.cdb won't update

Started by ozric, July 13, 2004, 08:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozric

Using
FreeBSD 4.10
Mail-Toaster 3.42

I notice my ~vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb won't update from the tcp.smtp file.

On my old toaster, it would update with bin/clearopensmtp.

I have the entry in my crontab.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Is there something I missed?

Thanks!

donavan

Did you check it manually? "#qmailctl cdb" should  try to load it and /etc/tcp.smtp. If its not loading then it might be a syntax error or permissions error. IIRC it uses qmail vpopmail:vchkpw for permissions, if you reload it manually it may change to  root:vchkpw  depending on how you do it.
The other thing to watch for is syntax, there are a couple of things in the tcp.smtp that can trip you up when youre making manual changes. qmailctl cdb should give you some sort of a warning if thats the case however.

ozric

I can reload it manually with qmail cdb, however, it changes the owner to root.  I changed it back to vpopmail and waited for the cronjob.  Every 5 mins tcp.smtp's time stamp would change, from the toaster-watcher.pl, but clearopensmtp has no effect, the tcp.smtp.cdb file remains untouched.  I'm not sure what to look for.

I did a test and sent a virus and my IP was added between the lines below so I know that works, but that does no good if it isn't in the .cdb file.

### BEGIN QMAIL SCANNER VIRUS ENTRIES ###
### END QMAIL SCANNER VIRUS ENTRIES ###

donavan

You know, I think I had the same issue. I just put in a cron job to take care of it.

*/15 * * * * /usr/local/sbin/qmailctl cdb > /dev/null 2>&1

It will change it to root, but vpopmail can still read so it seems to work fine.

ozric

Thanks donavan

That was my last resort; I just figured I was missing something.

I added and everything should be fine.

Thanks!