Undefined subroutine &MATT::Mysql::InstallMysql

Started by virtus, May 12, 2004, 11:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtus

I'm experiencing problems with the installation of Mail::Toaster. Here is what I did:

[updated ports]
cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8;
make -DENABLE_SUIDPERL install clean;
rehash; use.perl port;
perl Makefile.PL
make install
make newconf
make cgi
rehash
toaster_setup.pl -s pre
{ here I got complaints about libintl.5.so, I did a portupgrade -fr gettext, and then it worked }
toaster_setup.pl -s ports
toaster_setup.pl -s mattbundle

Then I did:
toaster_setup.pl -s mysql

And I got this back, after having done the manual configuration:

Quote:

server1# toaster_setup.pl -s mysql

couldn't import MATT::Mysql: Can't locate MATT/Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib . /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0) at (eval 15) line 3.

Would you like me to install MATT::Mysql:
at lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm line 680
(y/n): y
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
 Database was generated on Wed, 12 May 2004 09:33:54 GMT
Warning: Cannot install MATT::Mysql, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /MATT::Mysql/

to find objects with matching identifiers.
Undefined subroutine &MATT::Mysql::InstallMysql called at lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm line 681, <STDIN> line 1.

Ok, shit happens I thought, so I tried this command:

toaster_setup.pl -s apache

I Got the same error at the end, only now it gave me this:

Quote:

Undefined subroutine &MATT::Apache::InstallApache2 called at lib/Mail/Toaster/Setup.pm line 998, <STDIN> line 1.

Ok, shit can still happen I thought, besides, I already have apache and MySQL installed.

Then I did this:

toaster_setup.pl -s ucspi
toaster_setup.pl -s ezmlm

Oh! These commands work fine.. what the hell? Then I tried these commands, and I got the same error as the above again (only different line number ofcourse):

toaster_setup.pl -s vpopmail
toaster_setup.pl -s qmailadmin

Now, do you have any idea what went wrong?
BTW, this is FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, newest apache 1 and newest mysql-client. Again, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Douwe

virtus

Hrmm...
I re-ran the "toaster_setup.pl -s mattbundle" command again,
which resulted in the mysql command to work.
However, the apache command wants to install apache2, which I don't want..
what is wrong with this? I pressed CTRL+C twice, which caused a skip of the apache2 install.
But then I got this error:

FAILURE: I couldn't find your httpd.conf! (it is in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf, my guess is it looks in /usr/local/etc/apache2).

Using the vpopmail command I got this error:

Would you like me to install DBD::mysql:
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MATT/Mysql.pm line 63
(y/n): y
CheckPortsAge: Ports file is current (enough).
InstallPort: p5-DBD-mysql         installed as (p5-DBD-mysql-2.1026_1).
Can't locate object method "connect" via package "DBI" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MATT/Mysql.pm line 250, <STDIN> line 2.

Any suggestions on this? Very Happy

matt

You had problems with MATT::Bundle because  you upgrade perl. Per the instructions, if you upgrade perl, be certain to reinstall ALL perl modules installed on your system.

If you don't want Apache 2 installed, edit toaster-watcher.conf and set install_apache = 1 instead of =2.  

Read the docs, that's what they're there for.

virtus

Euhm, ok sorry I did a portupgrade -fr perl, set the newest version to the default perl, and went through the whole process again. I edited /usr/local/etc/toaster-watcher.conf and set apache = 0, so that it wouldn't  install apache.. However, it tried to install apache2 anyway.. is this an error in the script or what? I tried to set apache = 1 aswell, but that tries to fetch 1.3.28, while the latest version is 1.3.31 and 1.3.28 isn't downloadable anymore from the site specified in the scripts..

Could anybody please help me?