Issues with qmail scanner

Started by morbid, March 29, 2004, 02:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morbid

Greetings..  First off let me thank you for such a wonderful script..  However i'm running into a slight issue..  First off i'm running FreeBSD-CURRENT and have been trying to do this inside a FreeBSD Jail.  All is going well except for 1 part.. when i run the filter install portion this is what happens..

Quote:

Finished. Please read README(.html) and then go over the script
(/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl) to check paths/etc.

"/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl -r" should return some well-known virus
definitions to show that the internal perlscanner component is working.

That's it!

****** FINAL TEST ******

Please log into an unpriviledged account and run
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl -g

If you see the error "Can't do setuid", or "Permission denied", then  
refer to the FAQ.

(e.g.  "setuidgid qmaild /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl -g")

That's it! To report success:

% (echo 'First M. Last'; cat SYSDEF)|mail mailto:jhaar-s4vstats@crom.trimble.co.nz" target="_blank">jhaar-s4vstats@crom.trimble.co.nz
Replace First M. Last with your name.
To enable qmail-scanner, add this to your /var/service/smtp/run file:

QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"
export QMAILQUEUE

So like the message says i try to run that in a non-privilaged account...

($:~)=> setuidgid qmaild /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl -gsetuidgid: fatal: unable to setgid: permission denied

Now i've searched your site and could not find any information pertaining to this..  so for curiosity i edited the qmail-scanner-queue.pl file and just made the interperator perl which allowed me to run it.. so i went along w/ the rest of the install with no problems..  until i telneted in and tried to send myself a email i got this:

Mar 29 16:03:57 mail X-Qmail-Scanner-1.21: [mail.domain.com10805942364707892] cannot link /var/spool/qmailscan/working/tmp/mail.domain.com10805942364707892 into /var/spool/qmailscan/working/new/mail.domain.com10805942364707892 - Operation not permitted Mar 29 16:07:11 mail X-Qmail-Scanner-1.21: [mail.domain.com10805944304707982] cannot link /var/spool/qmailscan/working/tmp/DOMAIN.COM10805944304707982 into /var/spool/qmailscan/working/new/DOMAIN.COM10805944304707982 - Operation not permitted 

and suggestions, pointers to already resolved issues this this would be great..   i'm wondering if a freebsd jail wont allow perlsuid or what.. thanks again..

morbid

ok i've gotten suidperl to work.. and reinstalled qmailscanner.. still receiving the error in the maillog though Sad

morbid

ok please disregard this post..

i had 2 sysctl's set on the master which would not allow linking..

security.bsd.hardlink_check_uid=1
security.bsd.hardlink_check_gid=1

those should be set as 0

it's working great now.. i would like to thank you for such a wonderful script..