Ruby-GDBM issue with toaster_setup -s ports

Started by bemis, March 30, 2004, 04:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemis

I've been having the below problem with Toaster-3.38 running on (I know - 4.9 is still stable) FreeBSD 5.2.1 (RELENG_5_2)

InstallPort: ruby18               installed as (ruby-1.8.1_2).CheckPortsAge: Ports file is current (enough).running: make  install clean===>  Installing for ruby18-gdbm-1.8.1===>   ruby18-gdbm-1.8.1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/ruby18 - found===>   ruby18-gdbm-1.8.1 depends on shared library: gdbm.3 - found===>   Generating temporary packing list===>  Checking if databases/ruby-gdbm already installedpkg_info: package bsdpan-MATT-Bundle-1.26 has no origin recordedpkg_info: package bsdpan-Mail-Toaster-3.38 has no origin recordedpkg_info: package bsdpan-RRDutil-1.79 has no origin recordedpkg_info: package bsdpan-Term-ReadLine-Perl-1.0203 has no origin recordedpkg_info: package bsdpan-TermReadKey-2.21 has no origin recorded===>   ruby18-gdbm-1.8.1 is already installed      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of databases/ruby-gdbm      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"      in your environment or the "make install" command line.*** Error code 1Stop in /usr/ports/databases/ruby-gdbm.SysCmd: make  install cleanSysCmd: result: 256InstallPort: ruby-gdbm            FAILED

bash-2.05b# pkg_info | grep rubyruby-1.6.8.2003.10.15_1 An object-oriented interpreted scripting languageruby-1.8.1_2        An object-oriented interpreted scripting languageruby16-shim-ruby18-1.8.1.p3 A set of Ruby modules to provide Ruby 1.8 functionalitiesruby18-bdb1-0.2.2   Ruby interface to Berkeley DB revision 1.8x with full featuruby18-gdbm-1.8.1   A Ruby extension to GDBM libraryruby18-mysql-2.4.5  Ruby module for accessing MySQL databases with a C API like

I already did the proposed fixes for the ruby 16->18 upgrade as it impacts portupgrade - but I haven't been able to figure out this GDBM thing.

Anyone else seen this?  Should I be overly concerned about it before this server gets bumped into production?
bemis
Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the small girls are FBI agents.

bemis

cryosis said:
`cd /usr/ports/databases/ruby-gdbm && make -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER install && make deinstall && make install`

fixed it for him.

... in case anyone else runs into it.
bemis
Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the small girls are FBI agents.