Messages entering Server and queue but not mailboxes

Started by Nick Cockinos, March 17, 2004, 05:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Cockinos

Hi Guys,
I've been racking my brains over this for 2 days now.

After running toaster_setup.pl -s all and coming up with absolutely no errors, messages still aren't making it to their respective email accounts.

FreeBSD 4.9STABLE [Edit 4.6 should've read 4.9]
Toaster is v3.37
Perl 5.8.2
(anything you need to know?)

I have over 400 messages in the mail queue (and growing). I've got a bout a quarter of that amount of customers who are getting steamy.

Aside from employing Matt again (and I don't mind), I'd like to think that I can fix with the help of the toasters.

So I guess, here I am, on my knees, begging for some knowledgeable assistance.

Question :oops: Question

Thanks in advance

Nick

atoyf

welcome to my problem, i had the same crap going on... i think it was filtering problem, spam, virus filtering... i never really fixed it..

don't expect much help here though...
Kind regards, Anton

Nick Cockinos

atoyf

welcome to my problem, i had the same crap going on... i think it was filtering problem, spam, virus filtering... i never really fixed it..

don't expect much help here though...

Fixed it (to a point)

ClamAV seemed to be the culprit and after a few hints from the people that are on the list I was able to resolve the problem.

edit /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
Changed the code below:
#Array of virus scanners used must point to subroutines my @scanner_array=("clamdscan_scanner","spamassassin");

To

#Array of virus scanners used must point to subroutines my @scanner_array=("spamassassin");

I'm sure that everyone will help if they know the answer and you(general) don't expect a response straight away.

Good luck getting unbanned from the list  Wink

Laughing

tick

Did you get any error messages in /var/log/maillog ?

Like Mar 24 11:52:35 maranello X-Qmail-Scanner-1.21: [maranello.coleone.com108014715547061641] clamdscan: corrupt or unknown clamd scanner error or memory/resource/perms problem - exit status 2 ??

Then look no further than here Smile

http://www.tnpi.biz/support/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=136" target="_blank">http://www.tnpi.biz/support/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=136