Can't reset user's password as admin

Started by adam.dorsey, November 01, 2013, 09:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam.dorsey

Hi,

I have all permissions enabled for my currently logged in user in NicTool.  However, when I try to reset another user's password, I get the error "You must enter the correct current password to set a new one."  I have no idea what their password is, so I can't enter it in the "Current Password" box and see if that works.

Also, I appear to have forgotten my password for the root NicTool user.  Is there a way to reset that?

Thanks!

adam.dorsey

Update:

I found the root password and logged in as the root user.  However, I get the same error when trying to change the user's password.

matt

In the nt_user table is a column called is_admin. Flip that bit to 1, and you won't have to enter the previous password to change the another users password.

adam.dorsey

I changed the is_admin field for root to 1, but I'm getting the same issue while logged in as root.  Attempting to change a user's password without entering the old one results in the "You must enter the correct current password to set a new one" sanity error.

I have a workaround by manually changing the password in the database, but I figure it'd probably be a good idea to get to the root of the problem.

Forgot to mention before, this is NicTool 2.20.

matt

Ahah, there was a fix added in the 2.21 version of NicToolServer that makes is_admin work properly. It's available for download in the store.

adam.dorsey

Thanks a bunch, looks like it's time to file a ticket to do the update :)