Next challenge: DMARC records

Started by rainer_d, October 10, 2012, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainer_d

Hi,

the customer who wanted to have domainkeys now wants a dmarc record created (seems to be the long awaited cure for SPAM).

Now, NicTool says:
"name domain labels (the bits of a name between the dots) must begin with a letter or digit: RFC 1912"

Do you have a quick fix for that, too?
:-)

Best Regards,
Rainer
--
FreeBSD - The Power To Serve

matt

rainer_d

I'm on 2.14, which is what can be downloaded from the store.
Will you prepare a newer release in the near future?
--

matt

I thought that the relaxed syntax in v2.13 would have allowed that. Perhaps you need to show an example of the record you attempted to create.

rainer_d

Like this:

Name:  _dmarc   (.domain.tl)
Type: TXT
Address: v=DMARC1; p=reject; adkim=s; aspf=r; rua=mailto: dmarc-feedback@domain.tl; ruf=mailto: dmarc-feedback@domain.tl; rf=afrf; pct=100;
TTL: 3600

--

matt

I was pretty sure that should work, so I tested on my NicTool install, and I was able to add the record.

$ dig _dmarc.simerson.com. @ns1.cadillac.net. TXT +short
"v=DMARC1\; p=reject\; adkim=s\; aspf=r\; rua=mailto: dmarc-feedback@domain.tl\; ruf=mailto: dmarc-feedback@domain.tl\; rf=afrf\; pct=1" "00\;"

So, then I went back and found where I added the code that allows those records, which is on github: https://github.com/msimerson/NicTool/commit/37712c0abd55ffcd3d9aaaa79ca0855cfcd5fb2c and was committed on Feb 1, 2012.

But it somehow didn't get included in 2.14, which was released on Mar 30th. I'll roll up a 2.15 version very soon.

rainer_d

Hi Matt,

good to read. That is - as usual - very nice of you.

Best Regards,
Rainer
--

matt