The Network People Support Forums

Mail::Toaster => Installation Issues => Topic started by: TekNoWene on November 29, 2008, 03:35:44 AM

Title: Apache 2 / 22 - has no VirtualHosts
Post by: TekNoWene on November 29, 2008, 03:35:44 AM
I have installed the toaster a few times before. but today I ran into a new one on FreeBSD 7.0 and the latest toaster, I am getting and error when apache starts [Sat Nov 29 01:23:24 2008] [warn] NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.x:443 has no VirtualHosts

I have looked at the httpd.conf file and it looks firn, I looked at the Includes toaster file and it seems fine too but I am not that great with httpd.conf's this is probably something simple, but I am stumped....

I started out with Version 2.0 then deinstalled it... cleaned the directories... and Used the toaster to install 2.2.  Same thing again....

Any help would be appreciated... I am sure it is something simple.

Michael.
Title: Re: Apache 2 / 22 - has no VirtualHosts
Post by: TekNoWene on November 29, 2008, 04:54:16 AM
Ok so I did more digging and I found out that the reason the Virtual host is not loading is because of the if statement in the Apache/Incudes/mail-toaster.conf

<snip>
NameVirtualHost 64.x.x.x:443

#<IfDefine SSL>
    <VirtualHost 64.x.x.x:443>
        ServerName pen-mail-01.xxx.ca
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/toaster
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/"

SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.key
    </VirtualHost>
#</IfDefine>
</snip>

When I commented out the IF Define the error goes away, but the server still does not start.  I beleive it is something to do with the SSL but I am not sure what....

Would appreciate any comments.

Michael
Post by: TekNoWene on November 29, 2008, 05:36:55 AM
Discovered a typo in the original host name....  Now I am concerned that I should probably just start over : :-[  I do not know where the host name is used in every instance of the toaster so .....

Oh well...  I am gonna start this again next week...
Post by: David Pierron on February 10, 2009, 12:05:47 PM
I remember getting this, and it was usually cause I was just keying: apachectl start ... you need to start apache with: apachectl startssl ...