The Network People Support Forums

Mail::Toaster => Configuration Issues => Topic started by: D3s7 on January 25, 2008, 07:27:50 PM

Title: smtpd on more then one ports
Post by: D3s7 on January 25, 2008, 07:27:50 PM
More and more of the people that I'm working with are finding their ISP's are blocking port 25 for outgoing traffic <grrrrrrrrr>

The quick simple fix was to script a second tcpserver connection on a separate port for qmail-smptd.

What I'd really like to do though is add this to the actual supervised service... manually editing the run file doesn't work because toaster-watcher will overwrite the changes.

any way to either a) have the toaster write a run file for multiple ports (preferred) or b) keep it from actually changing the run line? (not really good but I'll take it)
Title: Re: smtpd on more then one ports
Post by: gamemodder on April 03, 2008, 01:08:25 PM
I am trying to do the same thing.  I am building a new server and really need to get this feature to work.  If anyone has some insight on getting this to work, please let us know.
Thanks.
Post by: matt on April 18, 2008, 12:48:48 PM
You mean, like port 587?  Which is a smtpd running on port 587. And it's installed by default.
Post by: gamemodder on May 30, 2008, 09:08:45 AM
Thanks Matt, yes like port 587.  But is there any way we can change the port 587 to 26 (or any other port).