The Network People Support Forums

Mail::Toaster => Configuration Issues => Topic started by: Piotrek on April 07, 2005, 05:15:07 PM

Title: binding toaster to one specified address
Post by: Piotrek on April 07, 2005, 05:15:07 PM
Hello,

I'm configuring a toaster on a server which has a few IP's. By default, toaster binds to all address, but I would like it to be available only from one of its aliased IP, especially I would like to change an IP address, from which mail is sent from my server, to one of its aliases, is it possible?

Regards
Peter
Title: Re: binding toaster to one specified address
Post by: LogicX on April 08, 2005, 07:57:15 AM
If you reference perldoc toaster-watcher.conf

you'll find that what you're looking for is covered by the sections similar to this:

#######################################
#           qmail-smtpd               #
#######################################

smtpd_listen_on_address         = all           # all, a hostname, or IP
smtpd_listen_on_port            = smtp          # smtp or a port number
smtpd_hostname                  = 0

# smtpd_hostname [ system | qmail | mail.example.com ]
#
#  system - will set to the systems hostname
#  qmail  - will set to contents of qmail/control/me
#  other  - anything else is considered to be a hostname
Post by: Piotrek on April 08, 2005, 08:38:00 AM
thanks for your answer, but I tried this, I put there this alias IP from there I want the mail to be sent but, in mail headers "Received: from" there is always a "primary" ip not selected alias.
Any ideas?
Post by: LogicX on April 08, 2005, 08:46:49 AM
Just to verify -- the mail you're receiving is coming from the qmail setup, and not being sent by some other process on the box?

Verify that you have toaster-watcher.pl running every few minutes

show us your /var/service/smtp/run file

-- let me think about this some more; I might not be approaching it from the right angle.

whats /var/qmail/control/me set to?
Post by: Piotrek on April 08, 2005, 08:59:31 AM
LogicX wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 16:46

Just to verify -- the mail you're receiving is coming from the qmail setup, and not being sent by some other process on the box?

yes I have mail-toaster 3.44 installed, there is no other mta
Quote:

Verify that you have toaster-watcher.pl running every few minutes

yes, its in cron
Quote:

show us your /var/service/smtp/run file

#!/bin/sh#    NOTICE: This file is generated automatically by toaster-watcher.pl. Do NOT hand#      edit this file. Edit toaster-watcher.conf instead and then run toaster-watcher.pl#      to make your settings active. See perldoc toaster-watcher.confPATH=/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/vpopmail/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/binexport PATHQMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"export QMAILQUEUEif [ ! -f /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts ]; then        echo "No /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts!"        echo "Refusing to start SMTP listener because it'll create an open relay"        exit 1fiexec softlimit -m 35840000 tcpserver -S -H -R -c10 -x /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 89 -g 89 0 smtp qmail-smtpd /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true 2>&1

Quote:

-- let me think about this some more; I might not be approaching it from the right angle.

to primary hostname,
Can I change this, or is it changed by toaster.watcher ?
Post by: LogicX on April 08, 2005, 04:36:20 PM
Quote:

Quote:

to primary hostname,
Can I change this, or is it changed by toaster.watcher ?

yes; modify anything in this path -- which should be deriving its values from the toaster_hostname variable on the configs (and got set during initial install)