Mail::Toaster includes SPF support based upon SPF rc4 by email@example.com
How do I enable SPF?
You need to set a value in /var/qmail/control/spfbehavior. From "man 8 qmail-smtpd"
spfbehavior - Set to a value between 1 and 6 to enable SPF checks;
- 0 - disable.
- 1 - 'annotate-only' mode, where qmail-smtpd will annotate incoming email with Received-SPF fields, but will not reject.
- 2 - produce temporary failures on DNS lookup problems to make sure you have meaningful Received-SPF headers.
- 3 - 'reject' mode, incoming mail will be rejected if the SPF record says 'fail'.
- 4 - a more stricter rejection mode, which is like 'reject' mode, except that incoming mail will also be rejected when the SPF record says 'softfail'.
- 5 - reject when the SPF record says 'neutral'
- 6 - if no SPF records are available (or a syntax error was encountered) the contents of this file are overridden by the value of the SPFBEHAVIOR environment variable, if set.
Default is 0.
Last modified on 4/28/05.