What features does the Toaster support?
A default mail toaster build includes all of the following features:
SMTP Mail Server
- running on standard port 25 and 587
- SMTP-AUTH user authentication
- SMTP roaming via SMTP-AUTH & SMTP-submission (port 587)
- POP-before-SMTP authentication (deprecated)
- TLS encryption for security
Virtual Domain Hosting
- delegated administration (per domain)
- Web based domain administration
- Virtual Domain Users
- MySQL or CDB based storage
Junk Mail Prevention
- user validity checking (chk-user)
- SPF - Sender Policy Framework
- RBL - realtime black lists
- badmailfrom - deny emails from addresses
- badmailto - deny emails to addresses
Powerful Mail Filtering and Delivery
- Spam Detection via SpamAssassin.
- Virus Scanning via ClamAV, F-Prot, Uvscan
- Additional filtering options via simscan or Qmail-Scanner
- Customized delivery with maildrop filters
- Mailing List (Ezmlm)
Numerous Email Retrieval Options
- Standard POP3 and IMAP servers
- Web Based E-Mail
- Several choices: Sqwebmail, Squirrelmail, V-Webmail, @mail, RoundCube
- SSL encryption for POP3, IMAP, HTTP
- CGI interface to mail features
- Log processing and pretty graphs (via RRDutil)
- Automated installs of MySQL, Apache, phpMyAdmin, and much more
- Centralized configuration files
- Clustering support
- Generates SSL certs for Apache, Qmail, & Courier
The Mail::Toaster includes nearly every feature you could imagine in a modern email solution. Here's are a few of the most compelling features:
Security - Mail Toaster supports secure connections from the email client (via POP3, IMAP, SMTP, and webmail) to the server. If the remote (destination) email server supports it, we also encrypt the email as it travels across the public Internet from server to server. If you use two Mail::Toasters and your email clients are configured to use SSL, you have a fully encrypted path from the email sender to the final recipient.
Robust Filtering - Mail Toaster has sophisticated filtering capabilities built right in. A default installation blocks all viruses and will detect 85% of the spam. With a little bit of training, it is reasonable to expect 99% spam filtering accuracy.
Flexibility - Mail Toaster provides an extremely flexible framework to allow you to build your email system your way. This flexibility makes it easy to migrate existing systems to Mail::Toaster and also allows Mail::Toaster to work in diverse environments and OS platforms.
Support - There is a thriving and active support community available on the mailing list. The web forums are also frequented by quite a few helpful folks. If you need more support than folks are willing to provide, commercial support is available.