• Welcome to The Network People Support Forums. Please login or sign up.

SOAP::Lite patch for use with Apache 2

Started by matt, November 02, 2004, 07:36:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

matt


Rob Lensen

Maybe you can give a link to the patch file, since copy paste a patch is can lead to incorrect patches.

LogicX

I read through the posted patch, made all the changes, and even had to add a line (use Apache::compat;) to make it work.

Update 12/6/2004 - I removed Apache::compat; from my patch, and instead added it only to /usr/local/www/NicToolServer/nictoolserver.conf:
use Apache::compat;
use Apache::DBI();
use Apache::SOAP;


Here's a http://mschroll.com/projects/SOAP_HTTP.pm.diff" target="_blank">direct link to the patch.  Enjoy.
--- May this post be indexed by spiders, and archived for all to see as my internet epitaph.
http://FPuX.com" target="_blank">http://FPuX.com

bdraw

I am not sure howt to apply this patch.

I am running Gentoo and Apache 2.0.

Thanks

Ben

matt

I added some additional patch notes to the NicToolServer install page.  They should help.

Matt

mike_tcis

It appears that SOAP::Lite is back in active development:

http://www.soaplite.com/" target="_blank">http://www.soaplite.com/

Based on a post on the mailing list, they appear to be incorporating Apache2/mod_perl2 support:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/4027" target="_blank">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/4027

and this post seems to imply that support for it is in 0.65 already but needs testing:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/3978" target="_blank">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/3978

So, the question is -- what version of SOAP::Lite are the patches in this forum designed for?

--Mike

mike_tcis

Here is how I did it (on FreeBSD 4.10):

$ cd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/SOAP/Transport
$ fetch http://nictool.com/docs/server/HTTP.pm.patch" target="_blank">http://nictool.com/docs/server/HTTP.pm.patch
$ cp HTTP.pm HTTP.pm.orig
$ patch -p1 < HTTP.pm.patch

Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- HTTP.pm.dist       Sat Dec 11 14:27:34 2004
|+++ HTTP.pm    Sat Dec 11 14:28:05 2004
--------------------------
Patching file HTTP.pm using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 11.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 458.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 474.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 497.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 620.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 837.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 860.
done